Nursing Bras Review

If you are wondering which type of nursing bra to buy, this is the blog for you! Although I started nursing close to 3 years ago, I still find it challenging to get comfortable and beautiful nursing bras that are priced just right. Most of those I found are simply very similar and rather momsy. This blog was set up with the sole purpose of sharing my views on the nursing bras that I have come across and tried. Hope this becomes your useful guide in selecting the right nursing bra. Happy nursing!

Monday, July 10, 2006

Why you need a good nursing bra

After more than two and a half years of nursing, I do find that a good "nursing" bra is one of the most important things that a nursing mother should invest in. Why? A good nursing bra is one that gives you good support, with a soft material that does not cause any abrasions on your already tender nipples, while is easy to undo and refasten quickly as you hold your baby in your arms. Of course, I have also come to realise through such a long nursing period that a nice nursing bra actually helps boost the nursing mother's confidence.

Before I gave birth to my first child, all these never cross my mind, and I got the cheapest ones I could find at a department store. While I used to spend on average S$50 on each bra (pre-nursing days), I did not imagine myself splurging on nursing bras mainly because all that I saw kinda looked alike and were so "granny"-like that I didn't believe in spending more on any. I guess having been through these, I would recommend new mothers to only buy the cheap ones for the first 1-2 months after birth (please read my next entry on reasons for getting cheap bras in the initial days).

The cheap ones are difficult to undo and refasten, support is not great, and the rubber usually loosens after only 2-3 months. Compared to the higher quality (and more expensive) ones I got later on, they were of less value for money, since the good ones can last at least 2 years on average. So, do be prepared to pay a little more for quality nursing bras after your breast size stablises.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home